Is your child struggling but you are not sure as to why? Perhaps they are having difficulties emotionally as well as academically, and you do not know where or how to intervene. Finding clarity in what your child is experiencing is important for identifying the proper route of treatment. Psychological assessment can help offer this clarity. Through the use of targeted, well-validated measures, psychological assessment allows for a comprehensive examination of your child with tailored recommendations for their individual needs. We offer both psychodiagnostic and cognitive testing for your child. Evaluation services may assess a range of concerns such as:
- Attention deficit concerns (ADHD)
- Academic difficulties/ Specific learning disability
- Executive Functioning
- Oppositional Behaviors
Assessments can be brief and help to screen for certain disorders to gain further information, or can be increasingly comprehensive. Comprehensive assessment services at The Child and Family Connection typically include the following:
- Structured clinical interview with both you and your child
- Behavioral observations of your child
- School observation of your child in their academic setting as well as with their peers
- Psychodiagnostic testing
- Cognitive testing
- Parent rating forms to gain your insight into your observations of your child
- Written report and in-depth feedback to review the results of the assessment so that you understand the outcomes and recommendations. The written report is your document to keep and share with your child’s school, their pediatrician, or anyone else you would like to help support them.
The Child and Family Connection is here to help you and your child understand how their brain works best to help them continue to learn, grow, and thrive. Our clinicians will oftentimes work with you and your child in addition to their teachers, healthcare providers, or coaches to ensure holistic support for your child. An individualized selection of assessments will be made based off of your child’s presenting concerns and needs.